Ergonomics — the science is making sure that everything you work with on a daily basis is both accessible and comfortable to use — isn’t a goal to be reached. It’s a process that we engage in with the goal of improving productivity and reducing injuries that come from repetitive stress. The big challenge of ergonomics is that even small changes in the height, weight, or other physical attributes of a worker can cause significant differences in what constitutes an ergonomically correct environment for that worker.
Building an ergonomic work station can’t be a one-size-fits-all project — but at the same time, no company is going to pay for a completely unique workstation for each of its employees. The best answer is the use of a modular building kit that will allow the same basic materials to be infinitely adjusted for each worker’s needs — even if those needs change over time.
A modular workstation building kit from Peerless Engineering offers you some significant advantages:
- The highest possible load-bearing capacity, allowing you to set up the widest possible variety of equipment — even the heaviest items — on the workstation.
- Most workstations can be assembled by a single individual, saving time and money.
- Almost 200 different profile variations — the widest range on the market.
- As turnover occurs, the same workstation can be adjusted to the precise ergonomic needs of the subsequent worker assigned to it. No need for new anything; just adjust and keep working.
- The workbench can offer 100% electrostatic discharge protection — much more effective than just a mat.
What’s more, these systems aren’t static. Every new quarter brings new user requests, and with those requests, new options and ideas for our modular workstation. Look for new add-ons, increased customizability, and further refinements that will make the basic structure even stronger and more durable over the coming years.
Don’t confine yourself — or your workers — to one-size-fits-all wooden or steel workstations that don’t fit the workers that are using them. Invest just a little bit up front in our aluminum modular workstations, and watch the bottom line love it as those same workstations last for generation after generation of workers, fitting each one perfectly.